- This event has passed.
Dance of the Soul: Shebi Arus Gathering
December 17, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST$20 – $35
A Sacred Dance, Music and Healing Journey with Sufi Master of Yarsan Order and Scholar, Farima Berenji
Join us on a path of healing and self-growth through the power of Sufism, Sacred Circles, music, and Sacred Dance. In that journey, the promptings of the Inner Divine are found, and love, kindness, and compassion flow naturally into our daily life.
We will create a sacred, supportive space where we can all release whatever energy no longer serves us, relax and open our heart, body, and mind. We will discover the power and mystery of ancient Persian and Sufi dance and rituals — a gateway for self-growth and spiritual transformation–through prayers, whirling, music, and love. Be moved by beautiful Sufi rituals, sacred music, songs, chanting, poetry, and dance in prayers and Love!
For this workshop and gathering, we will combine the sacred phrases, chants, music, and movements from the ancient Persian spiritual traditions of Khorasan and Yarsan to help touch the spiritual essence within us and to help us recognize it in others. These fundamental elements compose the ancient, contemporary, and devotional roots of sacred dance.
In this workshop/gathering we will experience:
- Presence and surrender to Love.
- Practice devotional embodiment and ancient Persian healing dance rituals.
- The power of healing and love through poetry, zikr, and Sufi whirling (Iranian, Central Asian, and Turkish Rituals and Zikr)
- The power of the sharing circle and acts of kindness and love toward self and others.
- Dance and Music as prayer and spiritual transformation.
- Breathing meditations.
- Basic whirling techniques for beginners (Iranian, Turkish and Central Asian Sema and Semah)
- Gwati and Iranian Zikr Rituals (Sufi Prayers and Ancient Medicine Healing Circles)
- Sema Gathering, Performances, and Sohbet (Sufi Whirling Gathering and Spiritual Talk/Lectures), Q&A, and Sharing Circles.
Participants are encouraged to bring a poem or story to share. Musicians feel free to bring your instruments to inspire and bring love into our circle!