Join us for a monthly Sema gathering and sacred circle, with live music, meditation, whirling, Zikr and Sohbet (Sufi Talk). We will create a sacred, supportive space where we can all release whatever energy no longer serves us, relax and open our heart, body, and mind. We will discover the power and mystery of ancient dances and rituals—a gateway for self-growth and spiritual transformation—through movement, music, love, and stillness. Be moved by beautiful sacred music performed live, by drumming, sacred songs and poetry.
- Musicians — Feel free to bring your instruments and join our music circle. Let your heart guide your music during our open floor Sema.
- Semazens — Open your heart and whirl!
- Lovers, Seekers, and Watchers — Come and join our sacred circle. You are welcome to set and feel the healing energy, bring a poem to share, join our Zikr, pray with us, or just laugh or cry… as we journey together to be closer to the light.
Sliding Scale Donation
$10-15 donation per adult at the door.
Our gathering is NOT a performance or a workshop. More details about sacred dance and Sema training may be found here.
- There will be a brief whirling orientation for newcomers at 2:00pm sharp. Farima will teach the basic technique and rules of whirling.
- We will be called together for a welcoming circle and Farima will lead us into her unique 4 element breath meditation and relaxation.
- We will progress into a prayer and open floor whirling with both live and recorded world sacred music, poetry, drumming, and stillness. Farima may also lead us into various Sema rituals such as: Turkish Sema, Khorasan Sema, Ancient Iranic Sema, Baktashi Sema, Uyghuri Sema.
- We will progress into a Sacred Circle (various Indo-Iranian Shamanic Rituals) and Zikr.
- Closing with a sharing and gratitude circle and Sohbet (Sufi Talk) by Dervish and Semazen, Farima.
A table with healthy snacks and refreshments will be available at all times.
Guidelines and Tips
- We kindly ask for no talking on the whirling floor and to keep the Sema area quiet at all times. Respect yourself as well as those around you.
- Please wear comfortable clothing (white or light colored if possible) and wear socks or soft soled shoes.
Farima’s monthly Sema Gathering offers a unique expression of sacred culture, inspired by nature, ancient Iranic rituals, and the beautiful spiritual traditions of Sufism. We will whirl and journey together to celebrate love, unity, and allow the light to enter our soul.
Open your heart! Listen! Turn, dance, and move in anyway that makes you feel alive!