“Everything in dance is poetry. Every movement describes a story, a feeling. The dancer takes the audience into a world of fairy tales.” ~Farima Berenji
- This event has passed.
Samhain – Calling of the Ancestors
October 29, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$15 – $20
Join Magi Master (Samahain), Farima Berenji for a special sacred circle gathering of dance, meditation, and remembrance to celebrate the evening of Samhain–The Calling of the Ancestors!
This is an evening of remembrance of our ancestors. We will guide and be guided by those who have passed. We will offer and request guidance from our ancestors! Be prepared to go deep, travel across worlds, feel your inner emotions, meet animal spirits, and be transformed!
Accompanied by live music by Jayson Fann and other guest artists, we will start the evening venturing deep into meditation using Farima’s unique 4 Element breath work, then transitioning to Gawati (medicine dance) and Vahishta Zikr (Ancient Iranic Shamanic circles and healing rituals), cleansing of the soul (animal dance, Zoroastrian candle rituals and drum circles), and prayers (chanting Zoroastrians mantras). Following this Farima will lead a journey into your inner Universe attempting to connect with the soul of our ancestors, to obtain divine energy through ecstatic dance and ancient Iranic whirling, and to receive empowering messages and healing!
In ancient Persia Samhain Night, our All Hallows Eve, represented the first night of the dark season. Crops were harvested and stored. The date marks both an end and a beginning in the eternal annual cycle and a celebratory calling of the ancestors. The Zoroastrians believed that the border between this world and the spirit world thinned on this night, allowing the spirits to reach through the veil that separates them from the living. The festival was observed by the Iranian Samahain (Magi) as the ‘Calling of the Ancestors.’
- Musicians — Feel free to bring your instruments and join our music circle. Let your heart guide your music during our open floor whirling.
- Lovers, Seekers, and Watchers — Come and join our sacred circle. You are welcome to set and feel the healing energy, bring a poem to share, join our Zikr, pray with us, or just laugh or cry… as we journey together to be closer to the light.
Sliding Scale Donation
$15-20 donation per adult at the door.
Our gathering is NOT a performance or a workshop. More details on Farima’s program of sacred dance and Shamanic rituals may be found here.
- We will be called together for a welcoming circle and Farima will lead us into her unique four element breath meditation and relaxation.
- We will progress into prayer and open floor whirling with both live and recorded world sacred music, poetry, drumming, and meditation.
- We will close with a sharing and gratitude circle.
A table with healthy snacks and refreshments will be available at all times.
Guidelines and Tips
Please no talking and keep the gathering area quiet at all times. Respect yourself as well as those around you. Please wear comfortable clothing and wear socks or soft soled shoes.
Feel free to bring:
- An offering for the alter.
- 1-2 poems that inspire you to dance or share.
- Yoga mats or pillows (optional).
Farima’s monthly sacred circle gathering offers a unique expression of sacred culture, inspired by nature, ancient Iranic rituals, and beautiful spiritual traditions. We will whirl and journey together to celebrate love, unity, and allow the light to enter our soul.
Open your heart! Listen! Turn, dance, and move in anyway that makes you feel alive!