- This event has passed.
Love is Calling… A Sema Gathering
October 25 @ 2:00 pm - October 27 @ 5:00 pm
Sufi Brothers and Sisters, you are invited to participate in a Sema Gathering taking place at Mutlu Baba Darghah (Sufi House) in Yalova, Turkey from October 25-27. Please note that this is an invitation only and that all must register in advance. If you wish to invite anyone please contact us and register their names.
The Sema will be hosted by Farima Berenji, Hatice Sara, Ozlem Cagla Yorganci, Sevim Yilmaz and Evan Janosh. We will start Friday and continue until Sunday with Music and Whirling. Please note this gathering is NOT a retreat or workshop… This is a Sema Gathering. We will NOT be teaching any lessons at this gathering.
We will create a sacred, supportive space where we can all release whatever energy no longer serves us, relax and open our heart, body, and mind. We will discover the power and mystery of ancient dances and rituals – a gateway for self-growth and spiritual transformation–through prayers, whirling, music, and love. Be moved by beautiful Sufi and Sacred music, songs, chanting, poetry, rituals, and dance in prayers!
During our Sema Gathering, Sufi Dance Master and Ethnologist, Farima Berenji and other guest Sufi Masters will lead Zikr, Khorasan Sema, Gwati Rituals, Iranian Sema, and Sohbet.
- Musicians — Feel free to bring your instruments and join our music circle. Let your heart guide your music during our open floor Sema
- Semazens — Open your heart and whirl!
- Lovers, Seekers, and Watchers — Come and join our sacred circle. You are welcome to set and feel the healing energy, bring a poem to share, join our Zikr, pray with us, laugh or cry… as we journey together to be closer to the light.
Open your heart! Listen! Turn, dance, and move in anyway that makes you feel alive!
Mehmet Rasim Mutlu Kültür Merkezi
Mutlu Sk. 12, Gökçedere, Termal Yalova, Turkey
From Istanbul please take the ferry from Yenikapı to Yalova. When you arrive to Yalova, next to the ferry station there are minibuses. Please take the minibus to Gökçedere – Termal. Most drivers know Mutlu Baba Dergha. Once you are dropped off, there is a short walk up the road and you will see Mehmet Rasim Mutlu Cultural Center.
You can also purchase your ferry tickets in advance.
Participants can stay and/or sleep in the Sufi House upstairs or down in the shared dormitories free of charge.
If you do not wish to stay at the Sufi House there are accommodations near the center, such as hostels and hotels. Please note that we are not responsible for your hostel or hotel reservations. You can reserve or book in advance or when you arrive. There are also free camping spaces at the garden area. Please bring your own tents and bedding for camping.
Light meals, water and tea will be provided.
There is no fee for this sema. We are organizing this sema from the heart but we kindly ask participants to help us by making a donation or to volunteer in helping us with food, cleaning, organizations and other expenses.
Remember this is a private event and you need to make sure you contact us and register in advance. A Facebook notification will not be counted as registration
Please send us an email with your full name to confirm with us. Thank you. 😊
Guidelines and Rules
- We kindly ask for no talking on the whirling floor and to keep the Sema area quiet at all times. Respect yourself as well as those around you.
- For this gathering please wear proper and respectful clothing, whirling skirt (optional), socks or soft-soled shoes.
- Absolutely no drugs or alcohol is allowed for this event. Using any illegal substance will be severely enforced. Organizers have the right to block entry to any participants who do not respect these rules.
- Please do not smoke inside and around the Sufi House. There will be some designated areas for smoking.
- Please keep the Sufi House clean. Clean after yourself and help others to keep the area clean.