- This event has passed.
Spirituality in Persian Dance
March 14 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT$10
Persian dance inherits a historic culture of 8000 years in history with a blend of enchanting sacred movements rich in the elemental beauty of nature: birds, animals, flowers, and the elements. In ancient Persia, it was believed that these beings and elements carried the spirit of the Divine. Dance is inspired by mystical Persian poetry, sensuous miniature artwork, mystic rhythms of Persian music, and ancient and devotional rituals and prayers. Delicate, refined, and full of meaning, the spirit of Persian dance is derived from the ancient mystical treasure of beliefs and spirituality. Learn how dance is prayer and prayer is dance.
- Learn of the mystical origins of Persian dance
- Learn how dance is prayer and prayer is dance.
- Learn more how these movements were used for prayers and rituals
- Hear stories of Farima’s journey and how dance became her spiritual path
- Get a sneek peek into Farima’s upcoming book.
Presented by Sufi dance master and scholar Farima Berenji.